What cookies are
Cookies are made from pieces of code sent from a server to the user's Internet browser, automatically stored on your computer by that browser and sent automatically to the server at each occurrence or subsequent access to the site.
Usually a cookie contains the name of the website from which the cookie comes from, the life span of the cookie (ie how long will remain on the user's device) and a value, which is usually a unique number randomly generated.
When you return the cookies are sent back to the website that originated them (first party cookies) or another site that recognizes them (third-party cookies).
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user's device and have different purposes as, for example:
- Storing the preferences entered;
- Avoiding re-entering information more than once during the visit, such as username and password;
- Analysing the use of the services and content provided to optimise the browsing experience and services offered.
Usually, they also help ensure that the advertising content displayed online is more targeted to one user and to his interests.
If you choose to disable cookies, this may affect and/or limit your surfing experience within a site, for example, you might not be able to visit certain sections of the site or may not receive personalised information when visiting the site, in our case www.lecheminee.com.
How cookies work and how you delete them
The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies can be adjusted by changing the settings on your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically, however the user can change these settings to block cookies or to be alerted whenever cookies are sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies, for this purpose reference should be made to the guide or help sections of your browser to learn how to adjust or change the cookies settings. The user can change the default configuration and disable cookies (ie block them permanently), by setting the highest security level.
Below you can find links to the help sections of the main browser to manage cookies:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: (Safari 6/7 Mavericks https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US); (Safari 8 Yosemite https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US);(Safari for mobile devices https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265)
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Whether you use different devices to see and access the Website (for example, computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you must ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences. To remove cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone/tablet you should refer to the user manual of the device.
What types and categories of cookies we use and for what purposes
Below is a list and explanation of the types of cookies.
"Technical" cookies are essential for the correct operation of the Website and allow users to navigate it exploiting all its features (for example, they allow the storage of previous actions, save the user's session and/or engage in other activities strictly necessary for the Website operation). Technical cookies can be:
- Persistent: once the browser is closed, they are not destroyed, but preserved until a preset expiration date;
- Session: they are deleted every time the browser is closed.
This category also includes "analytical" cookies that help Palace Hotel Srl to understand how users interact with the Website, providing information about the latest page the user has visited, the number of sections and pages viewed, time spent on the Website and about each event that has occurred during the navigation, such as an error message, and help understand all the difficulties that the user may encounter in the use of the Website.
This information may be associated with user details such as IP address, domain or browser; however, they are analyzed along with other user information in order not to identify a particular user or another. These cookies are collected and aggregated anonymously and enable the managers of www.lecheminee.com to improve the performance of the Website.
Finally, "feature" cookies allow the Website to remember the user's choices (for example, the user name) to provide a more customized and optimized navigation. Functional cookies are not essential to the operation of the Website, but they improve the quality and experience of navigation. If you do not accept these cookies, the performance, the functionality of the Website and access to the contents may result limited.
"Targeting" or "profiling" cookies are used to present content that is best suited to the user and his interests. They can be used to display targeted ads, to publish advertisements tailored the user's interests, or to limit the number of times the user views a particular ad. Moreover, they help to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on the Website; Palace Hotel Srl might use these cookies to remember the sections that the user has visited and share this information with third parties, including advertisers and agencies that may use their cookies to collect information on the activities that are performed by the User on the Website.
"Sharing" cookies (or from social networks) are needed to allow the user to interact with the Website through their social accounts and serve, for example, to express appreciation and to share with their social contacts.
The Website of Palace Hotel Srl uses or can use, also in combination between them, cookies:
- "Session" cookies are stored on the user's computer for simple technical and functional needs, for the transmission of session identifiers needed to allow safe and efficient exploration of the Website; they are deleted at the end of the "session" (hence the name) by closing the browser;
- "Persistent" cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive until they expire or are cancelled by users. Through persistent cookies users who access the Website (or any other users who use the same computer) are automatically recognised at every visit.
Third party cookies
The table below lists the third-party cookies on the Site www.lecheminee.com. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third party operator and are divided into the following main categories:
- Analytic cookies: these cookies are used to collect and analyse statistical information on access/visits to the Website. In some cases, if combined with other information such as the access credentials to restricted areas (your email address and password), they can be used to profile the user (personal habits, sections visited, downloads, types of interactions carried out, etc.)
- Widgets: this category includes all the elements related to an external service, which are intended to facilitate user interaction with the service itself (for example: buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, TripAdvisor, etc. that integrated in the Website).
- Advertising: this category includes cookies used to deliver advertising services within a website.
If you do not wish to receive third-party cookies on your device you will be able, through the links listed below, to access to all the third party services notices and consensus forms to such third parties and exclude the reception.
These cookies are not controlled directly from the Website, therefore, to withdraw consent the user must refer to the websites dedicated to the third parties services, or refer to the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ to get information on how to delete or manage cookies depending on the browser used and to manage preferences about third party profiling cookies.